Child Care Center
Housed at Second Presbyterian Church, the center provides child care as an outreach to the community. It is governed by its own board, approved by the Session, consisting of representatives from the church, parents and community. The Center was started in 1976 and was one of the first non-profit child care centers licensed in the Richmond area. Our gift of $18,000 provides scholarships for children unable to pay full tuition.
View complete website for Second Presbyterian Child Care Center here: 2pccc.org
Second Presbyterian Church Child Care Center provides an experiential preschool learning environment weekdays from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm and infants from 7:30am to 5:00pm.
- Learning environment for children from 3 months to pre-kindergarten
- Special pre-K program for transition to kindergarten
- Nurturing, caring staff
- Multi-cultural environment including Spanish language classes
- Experiential program with a variety of equipment and resources
- Downtown Richmond, Virginia, location
- Parental involvement welcomed, but not required
- Building designed specifically to meet childrenâs needs!
- Some scholarship assistance available
Second Presbyterian Child Care Center
Mission: Housed at Second Presbyterian Church and provided with church support as an outreach to the community, the center provides quality, experiential day care for children of all races, cultures, and levels of household income. The Center was started in 1976 and was one of the first non-profit child care centers licensed in the Richmond area.
Volunteer opportunities for individuals: Volunteer to read to children, hold babies or help with a class.
Volunteer contact: Ginger Hudson, 804 649 0152 firstname.lastname@example.org