Twenty and thirty somethings at Second Presbyterian Church gather regularly from all walks of life. We are an open and inclusive group that seeks to love each other, our neighbor, and our God just a bit more honestly and thoughtfully.
Some of us work in health insurance, some of us are teachers, some of us are in seminary, and some of us are studying to be doctors; each of us appreciate each other and the mission of Second Pres.
Our events are always changing, since we adapt to the season and what is happening around Richmond.
However, here is an example of recent activities:
- Messy House Supper Club, second Saturday of the month.
- Men's Casual Breakfast, Thursday mornings at 8 am.
- Professional Women Happy Hour, fourth Tuesday of the month at 5:45 pm.
- Provide meals for those going through transitions or significant life events.
- Celebrate House Blessings for those moving to or from a home.
- Grabbing lunch after worship.
(contact Kathryn Lester-Bacon for more information about these ongoing activities.)
Things we've done in the past:
- A Tuesday morning Science & Religion conversation/breakfast group.
- a six week book study on Waking Up White.
- Music & Dessert through the summer, meeting at someone's house, with a combination of singing, listening, eating, and reflecting.
- a four week Film, Food, & Faith series where we watched a movie, ate dinner, and discussed what themes of faith we saw in the movie.
- an eight week bible study on the psalms with potluck dinner.
- cooking dinner for the CARITAS homeless shelter.
- A trip to the Virginia Museum of Fine Art Happy Hour.
- A women-only hike along the James.
If you would like to know more, please contact associate pastor, Kathryn Lester-Bacon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-649-9148, ext. 16. She’d love to add you to the email list—and, more importantly, she’d love to grab lunch or coffee and get to know you!